Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday and running

This morning I finished week 6 of the Couch to 5K program. I actually ran 25 minutes uninterrupted after a 5 minute warm-up walk. Wow! I actually ran the whole time. I admit the last couple minutes I really had to push myself to not give up. A few times I thought I might have to resort to walking but no, I did it! So cool. My Garmin forerunner saved the run this time. The total distance was 2.65 miles including my cooldown walk. My pace is improving - during the run segment I maintained under an 11:00mile pace with my best pace 9:42!!! The longer I keep training the better my times will be -- I am looking forward to the race December 5th. So far, I have not tried to jump ahead in the C25k training and that seems to be the key for me. I have not done any of my runs on a treadmill either.

My next run will be Saturday morning, this is a working weekend for me. After work on Sunday, my family is going on vacation. I have already looked at where to run during vacation. The race itself will not be on the last run of C25k as I had originally planned -- but that's ok the last run of the C25k will be two days after the race. I am really feeling stoked about my improvement as a runner.

I have already decided to go for the 10k training program after I finish the C25K --- I am thinking this slow, gradual training really works for me. I have a pretty good idea of my goals for the next year... I need to firm up these plans so I will know where I am headed day-by-day.

No comments: