Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Race day is getting near...


Yesterday's run went really well...even though my c25k schedule has been thrown off after my cold last week. I had hoped to be starting week nine but instead I have only started week eight. 28 minutes uninterrupted running -- amazing. The county fitness test in October I could barely manage five minutes of continuous running.

The weather forecast is not looking good for tomorrow's run -- I may have to run on treadmill, rain is one thing but deluge is another. A serious storm front has entered our area and is expected to stay with us through tomorrow. I have managed eight weeks without a single treadmill day. I am feeling much stronger than I did at the beginning of October. Yesterday's run ended up covering 2.4+ miles -- only 1/2 mile more to complete the Redfish 5k. If all goes well, I should do my best time ever!

No comments: