Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday run

This morning's run was tough... had planned to use my mp3 player but it wouldn't power up for some reason. So I ran without music, still doable but I had to pay attention to my time. I tried to remember the run/walk sequence for this run but I was wrong... the cycle I used was Walk 5 minutes warm up, then -- Run 8 minutes/ walk 3/ Run 5 minutes/ walk 3/ Run 8 minutes/ walk 5 for cool-down. However, after I got home I discovered the correct sequence was 5min walk/ 5min run/ 3min walk/ 8min run/ 3min walk/ 5min run/ 5min walk cool-down ... So I actually ran more than the program schedule. I did okay according to my Garmin forerunner. My best pace was 9:46 with my average being 13:16. I am definitely improving! Just have to stay patient and keep with the program. The program is working... I actually went over 2 miles today, nearly 2.4 miles. I am so happy with my progress.


After reading the specs & reviews, I have decided I do not need another Forerunner. All of the other models seem way too large for my wrist and the additional features I don't seem necessary. I can track my workout -- distance & speed, be it a run or a bike ride and that's what I really want. The Garmin website allows for my workouts to be posted so I can share my progress with others (if I choose to -- maybe one day I will have workouts to brag about).

No comments: