Saturday, October 31, 2009

Finished week 3

Yep, finished my 3rd run for week three Friday. Not too bad, I did sweat something fierce and I have decided I need to find a way to hold back my hair when I run. Having hair in my face I tend to hold my head down which affects my breathing. Running is hard enough I don't need anything to make it harder. The C25k podcasts by Robert Ullrey are terrific. Almost like having someone running with you. I would love to find a real running partner. I haven't figured how to find anyone yet but I will keep trying. I know a few people that run but they are all so much further ahead in their running abilities. The slow, steady progress seems to be working so far... it is difficult to not jump ahead and on every workout I have to tell myself to stay with the program.

Finally went to HG Harders park, been wanting to check out this park -- turns out the walking path is pretty cool. Total of 2 miles with a good portion of the path is NOT paved. This should be much better for my knees. Today I start week 4 and I will take the overweight Lab with me. While the dog & I are running, my best friend is going to have her camera. The path goes around a pond and the birds are migrating! During our visit yesterday we saw a kingfisher, several wooodpeckers, bluebirds, warblers, gnatcatcher, anhingas and hawks. A pretty neat place to be...

Looking forward to today's run - I think the dog is going to enjoy the path too. She loves being with us and when she can be with us and be outdoors she is in heaven!

No comments: