Friday, October 09, 2009

Starting over


Last Tuesday I attempted the 1.5 mile fitness test without any recent training. Of course, I bombed. So now I have decided to start over again with the Couch-to-5k run/walk training program. I have even downloaded the Podrunner Intervals mp3 files for musical encouragement. The Couch-to-5k program is 9 weeks long -- I will stick to it this time and not jump ahead. I am pretty sure my knee was injured due to over-training this summer.

Today's run was day 3 of week 1 -- Actually, went pretty well. I am forcing myself to stay with the program and not jump ahead. It is so easy for me to think "ok, I am doing so well - so I can go ahead and skip a week or two." Not good thinking -- I need to stick with the slow, progress of the the program AND make sure I stretch! Also, this time I am running outside and not on the treadmills... treadmills are not the same as the track. This morning I used the path at Cain-Griffin park near the house. I need to find out how long that path is -- I am pretty certain it is longer a quarter-mile. At least my legs tell me the path was longer ;-]

No comments: