Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week Three...

Yesterday was 'week 3 day 1' of the couch to 5k program. The run wasn't too bad. I am forcing myself to not jump ahead. My mind tells me "you've got this - go on to another week - maybe week 5", BUT I paid the price in August for pushing it too hard. If I am to become a runner, I must take my time and build up to it. I have been working out too and it is paying off. Two years ago, we bought a Wii console for the adults :-) and the Wii Fit balance board. I liked the idea of what the Wii Fit program promised, however, I found the yoga moves were just too hard for me. I had hoped to develop a consistent yoga program using the Wii Fit. This just didn't work for me - guess, I am not even up to 'beginner' status. Recently, we purchased the Wii Active program and this one is working for me. I am doing the 30 day challenge - currently, I am in the last week of the challenge. This is the closest I have come to completing all the workouts. The weekends can be difficult as we tend to do all sorts of outdoor activities from dawn to dusk. I tend to be exhausted or it is very late when we finally return home. I can put in my 'journal' the other activities but still lose the scheduled workouts. I know consistency is the key to fitness, with the 30 day challenge and the couch t0 5k running simultaneously I seem to be developing a good fitness 'habit'. I have lost nearly five (5) pounds, my clothes are starting to loosen a bit and I am getting stronger. Today is a rest day - a good day to organize my nutrition plan to add to my fitness success.

No comments: