Monday, October 19, 2009

Week Two...

Sunday morning's run was "Week Two - Day one" of the Couch to 5k program. Not a bad way to start a week. I actually slept-in a bit, didn't get out until nearly 8 am. The dog (slightly heavy Lab) ran with me and she LOVED it! She did not understand why we circled the same 1/2 mile pat 3 times... She kept looking up at me as if to say, "uh, we've been here already - why are we here again?" Unfortunately, too many loose dogs in the neighborhood. Perhaps I can take the dog to nearby hiking trails a little ways from here. I don't worry about my dog but the strange dogs... I don't know how they might react to the pair of us.

Doing a quick internet search, I have discovered there is a county park that is supposed to have a cross-country trail. I must check this out! If this is an unpaved trail I will be thrilled (easier on the knees) and if I can bring the dog (on a leash) I will be ecstatic!

No comments: