Friday, March 06, 2009

Running is Hard...

That's what my legs say every day. Feeling so heavy, almost like stone my legs struggle through the beginning of every run. Usually takes at least 10 minutes for my legs to accept the notion of running. It is such a huge mental effort for me -- everytime pushing myself to convince my body to keep going forward. I have heard of people 'zoning' when they run - I wonder when this will happen for me?

When I finish my runs - there is an enormous sense of accomplishment. "I Did It!" I will keep plugging away - One of these days I believe I will find this elusive place, the "zone". I know I am stronger and faster than when I first started this journey towards becoming a 'runner'. I guess what I seek is the feeling of being a runner while running!

Currently it is still a battle to keep moving one foot in front of the other over and over until I reach the finish line or return to my front door. And so it goes...

Livestrong.

No comments: