Monday, March 09, 2009

Not running alone

This was a new experience, running with someone. A co-worker decided to run with me after work... we are the same age and both very slowwww runners. I usually do my runs early in the morning but the county fitness test is always done in the afternoon - thus I need to run some later in the day. Pat & I paced each other pretty well. We talked along the way, I am not used to conversation while running... time went by rather well. We both developed a decent sweat - we only covered 2 miles but a nice start for the two of us. I did like the run but I not the kind of run I would do every time - I think I prefer the solitutde aspect of running. Getting to know my body and pushing myself forward one step at a time is part of the process that keeps me going -- as I improve my motivation stays stronger. I am a runner even if it is at a turtle's pace.

No comments: