Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gate River Run


Just received an email from a friend who just completed the Gate River Run 15k! He had 2 goals for the race: 1.) finish the race 2.) Not end up in the ambulance -- Both goals were acheived. Kudos to Stan! He did well with a 1:22:41 time - He managed an 8:37 pace for 9.6 miles. I am impressed. I am fortunate to manage a 12 minute mile pace. Now Stan was a runner earlier in life unlike a newbie like me. He has recently returned to the sport and his health has improved dramatically.


Of Course I want to run faster... However, I am still working on the basics. So far my best 'run' has been 20 minutes interrupted -- my average is 5 minutes running with 1 minute walk for 35 minutes. I really want to be able to run 30 minutes without breaking to walk -- once I reach this goal I know I can build up some speed and distance. Just keep going one foot in front of the other...

No comments: