Saturday, December 05, 2009

Run for the Redfish

Well, I did it... ran the entire 5k without a single walk break. Wow. I ended up pacing with another runner and we talked most of the race. This did help take my mind off the actual running. Now I KNOW I can go 40 minutes without walking, that is so awesome. I am totally stoked. My goal is to now continuing uninterrupted runs but faster. I am convinced with some effort I can get better times -- 40:17 was my official time today. That's 3 minutes faster than what I did in March in the Seaside 5k. In March I had several walk breaks, so I know I can get better speed. My next run is Monday and the c25k schedule puts me in week 9 which is 30 minutes running 3x during the week. I plan to finish the month of December doing this schedule before starting the 10k program in January. Each day brings me closer to a more fit me.

Life is good...

2 comments:

FrankieBlue said...

Hi Lynn!
I came to your blog via Carli's site!
I am just on week 2 of the c25k program and I have my first 5K race on January 1st. I've quite nervous!
I could run probably 10 minutes or so without stopping as it is. So I will be taking a lot of walk breaks during my first race! But my goal is only to finish! I'm in Minnesota so the air is difficult to breathe in and the roads are slick. Hopefully I can pull through!
I am looking forward to reading more of your blog!
Emily

FrankieBlue said...

I just realized that I was signed in under my old blog. Whoops. In case you're interested, my other blog is www.emmyredneck.blogspot.com