Thursday, December 03, 2009

week 8 day 2

This morning went really well. I have to say this C25k has me impressed with my progress. Staying with the schedule and not jumping ahead has made the difference. Twice before I have attempted to complete the C25k and I jumped ahead every time and ended up not finishing the nine weeks. This time around even with a cold throwing me off one week I have stayed true to the schedule and here I am having run 28 minutes uninterrupted twice now!

Saturday is the Run for the Redfish 5k in Panama City Beach. I had hoped to be finishing the 9th week on race day. Unfortunately, I am one week off of my plan. That's ok -- I will complete the 5k Saturday, I may even have to take a short walk break. Next Week I will follow the schedule for week nine and go from there. Depending on how I feel, beginning in January I may start the "freeway to 10k" program. I haven't decided for sure yet.

No comments: