Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Smoke-free


My smoke-free anniversary is drawing near, after nine years it is difficult to remember smoking. My current lifestyle is so different from ten years ago. I find cigarette and cigar smoke so offensive now. Meeting someone and smelling cigarettes has really become a huge turn-off. After watching my dad struggle with his emphysema and having my lungs also affected I have developed a strong distate for the smoking habit. It is possible to quit - it is hard but if anyone really wants to quit they can do it. I smoked for nearly 25 years and quit 'cold-turkey' as no other method worked for me. Getting healthy and fit became a priority and I put all my efforts in this direction.

Fitness and exercise have become a major part of my daily life, so much so that I get 'squirrely' if I miss too my workouts more than 3 days in a row. If all goes well, I should do my first duathlon in September - I do not expect to be fast, I just want to not be last. :-)

No comments: