Thursday, June 25, 2009

Going for it!

Ok, I am really going for it now. Put in my Beach Blast II registration for "local athlete - sprint duathlon" -- hmmm, local athlete sounds weird I am trying to get fit but I don't 'feel' like an athlete yet. My mind is starting its shift to Training, Training, Training followed by Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition. Daily mantras for me to remember. Focusing on the moment, giving "the Date" its due, but not getting too ahead of myself. Also, not falling for the trap of 'it's only one cookie or one piece of chocolate" "there's plenty of time left to get ready"... but --- if I get sidetracked just a little then race day will be here and I won't be ready.

The race is just under 3 months away, I know I can finish in my current state of fitness but I want to do well not just finish -- gasping across the finish line - begging for mercy. I want to finish strong, feeling powerful as I run, feeling strength as I pedal forward, and crossing the finish line knowing I did it! I am a strong woman -- hear me roar! Yep, that is the moment I seek, my moment as one "tuff chick" Ta Ta-Dah!

No comments: