Saturday, April 04, 2009

Some days are so close to perfect...


Went sailing today on Hobie Cat -- light winds 5-9 mph just right for a nice pleasant sail. We were puttering about and the wind just stopped... Sam was fussing abit trying to find the wind when suddenly I realized there was an eagle skimming the water just a short distance away... We watched him take two passes over the water then he went airborne and we saw he wasn't alone they skimmed the water once more before moving out -- then I remembered my camera! Almost missed this moment... So Cool! This is one of those moments I relish when I can get outside away from the madness of modern society's TV, Telephones, etc... just the sounds of nature -- with an occasional jet-ski and power boat to annoy me now & then. My next jaunt is to be a kayak trip to Morrison Springs hopefully next weekend. There will be no jet-skiers there!
No run today -- tomorrow morning will come early enough and my plan is possibly 3 miles in the morning before weather gets yucky again. So nice to see the sun after the horrendous rain this past week.

No comments: