Friday, June 01, 2012

Thoughts on training and more

Having decided to participate in a 6k trail run at the end of the month, I realized the need to ramp up the training for me & my dog partner. I am planning to use the Galloway method of run/walk especially since this will be the end of June in Florida (uh, it's HOT! here) I like to run with music but several times now during the actual races I have had 'technical' issues with either earbuds, mp3 player or dead batteries (which really sucks after creating a brand new playlist). I think I run better (perhaps this is a delusion) when listening to music. Eventually, I hope my running technique develops to the point that I could maintain a good steady pace on my own... so where is the rambling leading? I don't know, yet...

Few days ago I saw this picture of the "modern marathoner" -- sure hope this not me. :-)

Last month I bought a belt to hold a couple small water bottles and this works pretty well in helping to stay hydrated while running in the brutal Florida humidity. I also enjoy my Garmin forerunner and mp3 player --- uh oh maybe I am getting too many gadgets...ok I am drawing the line now --- no more gadgets! (except my dog bowl, dog baggies, leash and phone -- all fits in the belt with water bottles)

No comments: