Saturday, June 02, 2012

Paws in the Park --- Revisited

The first race with my dog partner was the Paws in the Park 5k in Port St Joe in August 2011. This was a tough event for us, the temperature and humidity was brutal! I am all for supporting Gulf County Humane society but... why is the race in August? There is a Bow Wow Bash in October that sounds like fun -- the race should be in October too ... I bet the event gets more participants. I cannot remember our race time but I do remember I walked a LOT! The heat was too much for me and I was really worried about Cherokee. We usually run much earlier in the day and I wasn't sure how he would handle running so much later. Overall, I think he did well -- the next race we did was the St Patrick's day Run with the Dogs in Destin, FL,  what a difference here... the Destin race was huge with bunches of dogs! March is much better than August in Florida for running anyway :-)  The sheer number of dogs was almost overwhelming for Cherokee but he got it together as the race got under way. Our time was pitiful, but that's OK, too. It was a fun day and Cherokee was very happy to play.

No comments: