Friday, May 21, 2010

My Trusty Steed Awaits...

Looking so forlorn, my bike awaits my return so we may head back into the asphalt jungle. Today is bike-to-work day and once again my morning ride was glorious. The afternoon is proving to be a bit of a scorcher but that's ok. I know the ride is not that long and I can take a shower once I arrive home.

Gradually, my cycling legs (and bum) return to form after a lengthy absence from the bike commuting. Living in Florida, I really have no excuse for not riding. Yes, it can get hot but only really hot when standing still, when moving it's not so bad. The trick is to keep moving, unfortunately, there are several traffic signals between work and home... sometimes I can time it and not have to come to a complete stop - other times I find myself with my feet on the asphalt feeling the waves of heat rising up. No matter, it is worth it every time I successfully complete the commute. Many people ride much further and I am grateful for the ability to keep moving forward.

No comments: