Monday, May 17, 2010

bike to work week

This is Bike-to-Work week! My bike is ready to go... my pannier is almost loaded. I am so excited!

The last few months I have spent so much time devoted to my running training and my cycling has suffered. With the oil spill crisis, I am reminded how important it is to be less dependent on gas & oil. The distance from my home to my job is only 7 miles, there is no reason I can't commute by bike. My bike is well-suited for the commute... the only thing I want to do is change to stronger tires (like armadillos)to limit the number of flats. With this week, I am re-committed to commuting by bike as often as I possibly can. Cycling is how I got in shape originally after I quit smoking. There is such freedom with self-powered two-wheel transportation. I am not ready to go completely car-free but I can certainly make car trips rare occurrences.

LiveStrong

No comments: