Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sweating in the morning

Went for my run this morning just after 6am... not too bad at first but by the time I had finished my first mile I was pouring copious amounts of sweat. Gracious. My knee is a bit sore now, not sure what I did but I am certain I did not drink enough before I started running. Had a diluted bottle of Gatorade with me for the run, need to get a fuel belt or something, I definitely do not like running holding a bottle. I am trying to stay focused on the race in September. This is a holiday weekend but I work on Sunday... my turn for the weekend. We are planning to go out of town for couple days and I tend to not push myself out the door when away from home. Tonight I will take a Tylenol PM and hopefully my knee will be all better tomorrow.

Fortunately, the friends were are seeing this weekend understand the fitness bug. Stan has really turned himself around and he is getting in really good shape. He was a runner in college but let it go for years and years the last couple years he has returned to running and now runs almost every day. He finished a 15k earlier this year in Jacksonville - the Gate River run... awesome. We are all very proud of him. I am happy to finish a 5k right now but by September I need to be able to run 1.2 then bike 15 then finish with a 5k running. I can do this! I will do this! I will finish Strong!

No comments: