Monday, July 13, 2009

A day scoots by...

Motor-scooter day, weather looked perfect this morning. Perhaps I should pay closer attention to weather forecast. Storm slammed in at lunchtime, cleared out and then started getting threatening as I returned home from work. Made it into my driveway with just a few sprinkles the last 500 feet or so. I do love riding on two-wheels, I plan an early bike ride tomorrow but have to pick up some items after work so I will drive to/from work in a car! (shudder)

The morning run went pretty well considering I did not run at all last week. Between the poison ivy event and my mother's surgery, I had too many distractions (excuses) to keep myself from running.

This Sunday Sam & I were out on about on our scooters when a woman started talking with us and asked if we would be interested in participating in the "Thunder Angels" organization. Women motorcycle enthusiasts who enjoy fellowship and raise money for breast cancer awareness. We thought she was kidding but as we talked with her some more, I really believe she was serious. I have sent her an email about the next club meeting in August. We shall see if this is to be... Thunder Angels - the scooter wing.

Livestrong!

No comments: