Sunday, July 05, 2009

69 days and counting

The race is 69 days away (or 2 months and 7 days)

The soreness in my knee worries me. Too soon to have this much trouble. How will I be ready if 10 weeks and my knee is giving me a hard time? I do not know what's wrong. My left knee hurts when I get up from a sitting position or when I first get out of bed. The past couple days we stayed in a house with the bedroom at the top of some steep stairs... all this stair-climbing was a challenge. I have not run in 3 days now, I will need to run either tonight or definitely in the morning. This crazy weather is not helping either. I woke up this Sunday morning at 7:30AM with temps of 86F with heat index of 97! The weather prediction calls for the top heat index today of 105F -- that is HOT even for this Florida girl. I am going to spend a little time on the internet this morning and find a fuel belt or something to carry my water. I do not like running while carrying the water bottle in my hand, swapping from hand to hand doesn't help either. I am just trying to find my stride and the water bottle thing is throwing me off.

Such a silly thing to bother me so... but with these temps I don't dare go out without liquids. My favorite is actually diluted Gatorade - 1/2 and 1/2 seems to be the mix I like best. I use this when on the bike too. Water is good but my body seems to want a little more but not full strength Gatorade. On the bike I always have two water bottles - one all water and one with the diluted sports drink. Gatorade is not as sweet as the others. I may try the "vitamin waters" soon -- some people like those too.

No comments: