Tuesday, February 15, 2011

6.8 miles one way

That's what the map said - my first bike commute of 2011. The morning temperature of 38 almost kept me off the bike. I am glad I didn't chicken out. It was a great ride. The morning segment was much better than the return ride. Has been awhile seen my last commute by bike and my confidence level in traffic needs to rebuild. All in all a great start to finding my "zenonabike" again.

I am a bit sore this morning - this week I am riding every other day to reacclimatize my muscles to this activity. After a couple weeks, I will add the other days of the workweek to my bike commuting. I think this is a doable plan. I do need to review my gear tonight - possibly need to order a different pennies for carrying my stuff. Seemed awkward yesterday the way I had everything packed...

No comments: