Tuesday, February 22, 2011

13.54 miles

Yep, that's what my Garmin Forerunner says today. My round trip was not any sort of speed demon time but I loved it! I found a route that's not too bad -- there's only one intersection that I find intimidating to navigate. There is one turn that is very close to a large grocery store, near the post office and the new, big Walmart -- traffic here is a bit dicey at 5pm. I will continue to look at my options --- perhaps I can find a route even better. Distance isn't the main priority -- finding the 'safest' path between the two points is the most important issue to me. I like riding the back roads -- the residential areas, less traffic and more to see. I don't care for the roads jammed with traffic and unpleasantness. The roads I prefer have the lower speed limits, less traffic, and even trees!!!

No comments: