Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Awesome run today!

This morning was fantastic! The running is still hard but I have to admit I do enjoy my canine training partner. We started later today and I think Chyenne was convinced we weren't going out this morning until I grabbed her leash then she believed me! She loves it so much! The temperature was just a little nippy at first so I started out with a warmup jacket ... a light sprinkling of rain started about 10 minutes into the run. I figured as long as it didn't thunder (translation: no lightning!) we were ok. The lights rain stayed with us about 15 minutes then stopped, by then I had given up the jacket. As I am re-adjusting the jacket around my waist I see the most awesome sight, a beautiful rainbow overhead! Looked like the rainbow was just for us at the park!

I am still struggling with running without walk breaks. I haven't figured out how to get my breathing on track so it's not such a battle. I try to keep the walk breaks to aprox one minute and then run some more. I keep working at it, surely I will eventually "get it" and manage to run consistently for more than 5 minutes at a time! When I ran on the treadmill I seemed to do better with the breathing and running... I could run for 20 minutes solid on a treadmill before taking a walk break... Outdoors is much harder for me but I won't give up!!!

No comments: