Sunday, May 27, 2012

Furry Friends 5k

Cherokee and I participated in the Furry Friends 5k April 28th, this was a fundraiser for local humane society.
As a team, we did much better in our time -- 41.10 not bad! Still did not place in our age group, but that's ok too. The reasons we run include health % fitness (for human and dog!) Also, giving Cherokee a job helps him to stay happier. The races are for my competitive spirit. :-) I am not really competing against the other runners...
I just want to improve my 5k time.
I am still waffling on the idea of going after longer distances like 10k, 1/2 marathons, and full marathons.
I believe I can train up to longer races, I just need to find the kick to my butt to DO IT.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Cherokee can be your encoragement. He needs to burn a few caleries and like you said he is happier when je rins. Who wouldnt want to make such a beautiful dog happy.