Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bike Shops...


Today I visited a couple Baltimore bike shops -- Joe's Bike Shop and Broadway cycles. Both shops were great. Talked with one guy at Joe's and I told him how impressed I was of the commuters in Baltimore. (Especially the fixed gear folks) I even picked up a T-shirt to add to my collection. I did a basic internet search on cycling in Baltimore and discovered there are several cycling groups online... no surprised after seeing so people on bikes. In my quick search I also discovered several biking trails in this area also. This can be quite the place to be if bikes are your thing. Although I find it sad that Maryland doesn't have a 3-foot law whereas Florida does...and I don't quite get the 'sharrows' (lanes with bike graphic intended to remind motorists to "share the road") but I still say if bike commuting is viable here, then viable most anywhere.

No comments: